Mr. Prathap & Mr. Dharani
General Manager / Country Manager
Let’s start off with the usual question about the virus. How is the situation currently on the ground in Oman and for the logistics business to and from Oman?
Optimism is the way forward, and we are optimistic with the situation returning to normalcy. More than 90 percent of the people in Oman who had tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered, a figure that is 30 percent higher than the global recovery rate.
The Oman Logistics Sector has passed a significant milestone during this pandemic crisis with the introduction of e-Delivery and e-Cargo release orders.
In addition, Oman has many attributes. It is a logistics hub due to its strategic position. Its economy is resilient. The country enjoys great connectivity. The infrastructure is world-class, and its advanced energy projects are already playing an important part in expanding business globally.
Tell us about the history of Aqua Global Logistics in Oman. When was the company established? Who are the owners? I believe you are part of a bigger group with Indian roots, is that right?
We are the newest baby in the group. Aqua Global Logistics, Oman was established in August 2018. Our HQ in Bahrain has been functional since 2005 and is privately owned by our CEO & some other shareholders.
Oman is a beautiful country by the Arabian Sea and has several ports. Can you enlighten our readers about which ports are available for container and project cargo shipping?
Oman has 3 major sea ports which can handle containers and project cargo movements, with every port adding value to the business environment of the country:
• The Port of Salalah is situated right on the major east-west shipping lanes. It is a world class transshipment hub in the West Central Asian region.
• The Port of Sohar is a multipurpose, industrial and logistics complex in the Sultanate of Oman, and it’s also a free zone.
• The Port of Duqm is by far the largest economic initiative in Oman’s modern history, and it also has the Duqm SEZ (special economic zone).
The country also borders Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E. Would there be any shipping moving overland to these countries as well?
Located in a strategically important position, Oman shares land borders with the United Arab Emirates to the northwest, Saudi Arabia to the west, and Yemen to the southwest. Yes, there are major cargo movements by land between Oman—UAE/KSA due the shortest transit time via this route. Food and medical products are given priority for overland transport.
Do you have experience in moving projects and OOG cargoes to Oman? Could you provide us with some examples?
Yes, we have experience in handling projects and OOG cargoes. This is a specialised field of Freight Forwarding that requires immense expertise, proper planning, experience, and knowledge. We have flawlessly executed and successfully completed many project movements in the region.
• Renaissance Waste Collection Trucks
• Barka Pipeline Project Equipment
A question about tourism for when we are allowed to travel more freely; could you tell us about some nice places to visit in Oman?
Oman’s natural beauty can be found everywhere in the Sultanate. Below are some of the highlights worth visiting:.
• Khareef Salalah during our autumn season
• Al Jabal Al Akhdar, 2000 meters/3000 feet above sea level, is the highest area in Oman and, in fact, all of eastern Arabia; people enjoy its views and favourable climate.
• Rimal Ash Sharqiyah is one of the best sandy deserts.
• Al Hawiyah is one of the biggest oases in Oman.
When our readers wish to get in touch with you, what are their options?
Please do visit our office or write to us at:
AQUA GLOBAL LOGISTICS LLC
Office 103, Al Mudarib Building, Ruwi PC 112, Sultanate of Oman